We have covered Adding Captions and Adding Captions to a Floating Object in previous posts:
- How To Add A Caption To A Floating Object
- How To Format Captions In Word Documents
- How To Add Captions In Word 365
Today I will teach you how to update caption numbers in your documents.
If you insert a new caption in your Word document, Word will automatically update your caption numbers. But, if you delete or reposition a caption, you will have to manually update your caption numbers.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Click any place in your document and press CTRL + A to select your entire document
- Right-click and then select Update Field on the shortcut menu that appears
All of your captions should now be updated.