Ever had a need to rotate the text in your Word document so it is at a 90 degree angle to your headers and footers? I will admit that this is not necessary very often, but if you ever need this trick keep this tip in mind!
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Place a Next Page section break before and after the text in your document that you would like to rotate.
- Select at least one character between those section breaks, but do not select the actual section breaks. If you do not select at least one character, ALL the text in your document will be rotated.
- Click Alt + F11 to display your VBA Editor.
- Be certain the Immediate window is displayed – it should be displayed at the bottom of your Word window. If it does not, click CTRL + G.
- In the Immediate window, key in the following:
- Selection.Orientation = wTextOrientationVerticalFarEast
- Click Enter
- Close your VBA Editor.
You selected text is rotated 90 degrees to your headers and footers. The page that contained the rotated text has now had its layout changed to Landscape mode.
You can use the Page Setup dialog box to change the page back to Portrait mode if you like and your text will still be rotated.