Downloading Facebook Videos
My uncle wanted me to download some videos from Facebook for him and the first thing I had to ask myself was, “Did I have any program on my system to download Facebook videos?” There are many video download programs and/or extensions, but trying to get one to do it all is not an easy task.
I went on-line to check for a simple solution instead of looking on my computer, for some reason. One of these days I’m going to have to try to figure out how my mind actually works. 🙂
Anyway, I found a simple solution that actually works that doesn’t require any software download. It works as of 8:11 AM November 1, 2017 on Opera. But browsers and websites change…
So, sign in to Facebook. Find a video. Click on it to play. I have a click to play option enabled in my Opera browser so clips like this don’t start up automatically. If your video plays automatically, you’re good to go.
- Right-click on the video and look for the option, Show Video URL
2. Highlight the Facebook address that appears in the little pop-up box. Right-click on it and copy.
3. Paste this in the address or URL bar in your browser. A new tab or the same tab, your choice.
4. At the beginning of the URL where it says www, erase the “www” and put the letter “m” there so www.facebook.com becomes m.facebook.com
5. This will open the video in another page. Now, when the video starts playing, or is started, right-click on the video and look for the option to save the video…
6. Click on it. Put in a name because more than likely its name is just a long string of numbers.
Choose the folder for download and that’s it.