For those who may not be familiar with the name; Puran Software was founded in India 5 years ago and has quickly established a solid reputation compliments of its very good Puran Defrag freeware. Now Puran Software has released a suite of 22 freeware maintenance utilities, available as an all-in-one package or as individual downloads.
For individual downloads: Clicking on the name under each product icon will open a new page with more information and download link for that utility:
Here is a brief description of each, compliments of Puran Utilities HOME PAGE:
- Disk Check: Fix errors, recover bad sectors on your hard disk using chkdsk.
- Uninstaller: Uninstall software that you do not need and also software that you are not able to uninstall otherwise.
- Puran Startup Manager: Enable/disable Windows startup items. It assists your decision in various forms.
- Puran Service Manager: Enable/disable Windows services. It assists your decision in various forms.
- Puran Disk Cleaner: Find and delete junk files from your computer. It is highly customizable too.
- Puran Delete Empty Folders: Delete empty folders from your system. It is extremely fast.
- Fix Shortcuts: Automatically fix or delete broken shortcuts.
- Puran Registry Cleaner: Clean Windows registry for better performance.
- Puran Registry Defrag: Defrag and compact Windows registry for better performance.
- Puran Defrag: Automatically defrag and optimize your hard disk drives.
- Puran Duplicate File Finder: Find duplicate files on your computer. It is highly customizable and extremely fast.
- Data Recovery: Recover data from your damaged media like scratched DVDs, VCDs, BLU Rays etc.
- Disk Files: Helps you to look into details of files distribution on your computer. It is highly customizable.
- Gaming PC: Create a Gaming Environment on your PC to give your games/apps best of your computer.
- Permanent Delete: Delete your files permanently so that they cannot be recovered by any software.
- Puran Wipe Disk: Wipe entire disk or just free space so that no files on it can be recovered.
- Puran Shutdown Timer: Schedule various shutdown tasks. Many scheduling options are available.
- Splitter: Spilt any file into files of specified size.
- Delete History: Delete history and other data of various applications including web browsers.
- Minimal PC: Close and switch back all the specified services/processes on your computer in a click.
- Batch Fix: Automatically keep your system clean and error free by running selected utilities.
- Maintenance Wizard: Run selected utilities in a pre-defined order for getting best performance out of your computer.
Obviously I haven’t had the opportunity to test all these utilities but, coming from the Puran stable, I’d be very surprised if they did not represent quality. What I can tell you is that the full suite is an 8.80MB download which scans 100% clean through Virus Total and provides native support for 64-bit systems. I’m just a little disappointed that there are no portable versions available… that would have really put the icing on the cake.
- Puran Utilities Home Page and Download.