Paragon is currently offering its brand new imaging software, Paragon Image Backup for Windows 8 and Server 2012, for free. The software is specifically designed for Windows 8 and according to Paragon is… a complete backup and recovery software tool for all Windows 8 versions, including the new RT.
“Paragon Image Backup for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 allows users to create a backup image of the system, and restore it under Linux or directly on Windows any time it is needed. Paragon Image Backup for Windows 8 and Server 2012 is based on Paragon’s Universal File System Driver technology, integrating the company’s 18 years of file system development experience.
Paragon Image Backup for Windows 8 is a disk-imaging tool for Windows 8 and Server 2012. It employs Microsoft VSS and Paragon’s patent-pending technologies for consistent point-in-time copies of the whole disk system or separate volumes. For recovery purposes it includes a powerful Linux/DOS environment. But its power is its support of the innovative ReFS.”
Main Features include:
- Support for the latest Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012;
- Full ReFS read/write support under Windows;
- Read only access to unmounted ReFS volumes under Linux and Windows environments;
- Support for the new ReFS: backup, restore, and browsing under Windows and Linux;
- Live Windows backup. Create an image-based copy of the whole disk system, or separate volumes and place them locally, to CD/DVD/BD, or on the net. The use of Paragon disk-imaging technology and Microsoft VSS (Volume Shadow Copy Service) tackles the problem of backing up running applications and system locked files.
- Flexible recovery. Restore the whole backup image, or only particular files under Windows or from the Linux/DOS recovery environment.
Additional maintenance functions. The Linux/DOS recovery environment includes basic functions for initializing, partitioning and formatting hard disks.
Read more about Paragon Image Backup for Windows 8
To get a free copy Paragon Image Backup for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 go to THIS PAGE. Fill out the form and then click on the Submit button:
NOTE: It is unclear to me whether this software will be time limited or not. On the Promo Page it says this… “Be the first to try a disk-imaging utility that supports Windows Server 2012 and Resilient File System!“… Note the word ‘try’ which tends to confuse the issue.
On the other hand, I went through the submission process and promptly received an email which included a Product Key and Serial Number. I don’t have a copy of Windows 8 installed to test the software so if anyone has any further information please report via the comments… thanks.
2 thoughts on “Paragon Image Backup for Windows 8: Get it FREE now!”
is it better than recimg manager for windows 8??????
FYI – looks like its only a 30 day trial version now.
Comments are closed.