Power Data Recovery
MiniTool has been kind in offering our DCT readers a chance to win one of five Personal Standard licenses for their Power Data Recovery software. Each license is currently valued at $69 (US). MiniTool also offers a free version of this program, but it is has a 1GB recovery limit. To see the differences between the various licenses, see this Comparison Chart.
MiniTool Power Data Recovery free edition is the best all in one free data recovery software for Windows and server users. With only three-step, users could[sic] recover lost, deleted, formatted, corrupt files safely and with ease. ~ MiniTool
Power Data Recovery will work on Windows XP/7/8/10 and the Windows Server Operating System.
Ease Of Use
Note: It is extremely important that you do not install this software on a drive or partition that contains data you would like to recover. This is true for any program that may possibly overwrite the very data you are trying to retrieve.
When first run, Power Data Recovery will display this simple screen:
You can plainly see how easy this software is to use.
For our example, I’ll choose Undelete Recovery and see what it finds. Clicking that button will bring you to a screen displaying a list of drives/partitions.
There is also a link that will open a web page containing a short video and other helpful instructions about using the Undelete Recovery tool. I chose a partition that contains some data, but is mainly used as a work space, so I expected it to have a whole bunch of deleted files. I was not disappointed!
Power Data Recovery found 87,292 files (a little over 11GB) and took roughly 17 minutes to recover and save them all to a location I chose. Again, be sure to choose a location that has enough room and also one which is not on the drive you are trying to recover from.
Power Data Recovery is a wonderful program that may just save your derriere in cases where you have inadvertently deleted files, folders, and/or partitions. The above example should also remind us that deleting something does not mean it is necessarily gone. Many of the files that were recovered in this case were files that had not been used for many months and, in spite of many writes to this drive, were still recoverable. Amazing!
Professional data recovery services can cost many thousands of dollars, but this program may be all you need. I can recommend this program with no reservations whatsoever.
Note: The Personal Standard version of the license being offered in this giveaway contest does not provide for creating a bootable recovery medium.
How to Enter the Contest
We’d appreciate it if you’d take a moment and submit a comment telling us why you’d like to win MiniTool Power Data Recovery. However, submitting a comment is not required to enter this contest and will have no bearing on your chances.
For your chance to win, simply enter your name and valid eMail address in the spaces provided below, then click Enter Contest. After your entry is accepted you will be presented with options to share the contest on Twitter and/or Facebook. For each person who enters the contest as a result of your share you will earn two (2) extra entries!
Sharing the contest on social media is completely voluntary, but is encouraged.
- To enter, simply submit your name and a Valid eMail address. Your address will not be shared outside this site
- You must submit a VALID eMail address. We need to contact the Winner, so disposable eMail addresses will not be eligible
- Additional entries may be earned by voluntarily sharing on Facebook and/or on Twitter
- Shortly after the contest ends, the winner(s) will be chosen at random
- Winner(s) names will be posted on this giveaway page. Please check back here to see the winner(s) name announcement!
- The winner(s) will be notified by eMail at the eMail address used to enter the contest – be sure to use a valid eMail address that you check regularly
- Winner(s) must claim their license within five (5) days. After the five (5) day period, unclaimed prizes will be distributed at DCT’s sole discretion
- Entrants agree to allow DCT to communicate with them via eMail using the address provided by the entrant when entering the contest
Good luck to everyone!!