Did you know that you can embed Word content into your PowerPoint presentation? Well, I am here to tell you that you absolutely can and it is not all that terribly difficult to do! You can embed your Word document as an object, which will insert a snapshot of your document. You can also use a Word outline as the foundation of your presentation. Be aware that this feature is only available for Word on the Web!
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Open the document that you would like to import into your PowerPoint presentation on the Web.
- Make sure it contains text only as your document headings will become the slide headings in your presentation.
- Click on File | Export | Export to PowerPoint presentation.
- In Export Presentation, select a design theme for your presentation.
- Select Export.
- Word will now export and transform your document, applying the theme you chose above.
- Once the transformation is finished, click Open presentation to view the results in PowerPoint for the Web, and Word for the web will save the transformed presentation to the root folder of your OneDrive.