Anyone in corporate America will tell you how Microsoft Word is used extensively to create a plethora of documents. It very often can be helpful to know exactly who created a document, especially since it could be a very long time since it was reviewed last. Word keeps track of some data that can be used to help identify an author. One such piece of data that could be very helpful is the author’s phone number.
Embedding A Phone Number
Follow the steps below to learn how to specify a phone number in your document:
- Click the File tab of your Ribbon and be certain that Info is selected at the left-hand side of your screen.
- Click the Properties drop-down and select Advanced Properties. Word will display the Properties dialog box.
- Be certain the Custom tab is displayed.
- In the list of properties at the top of the dialog box ( Name control), select Telephone Number.
- In the Value area, key in the phone number you would like associated with your document.
- Click on Add.
- Click OK.
- Close the Document Information Panel.