Red Eclipse, a Free Casual Arena Shooter
If you like shooters and enjoy multiplayer, it doesn’t get much better than this and it’s totally free of charge.
I’ve seen multiplayer shooters only half as good as Red Eclipse and you have to pay for them with your hard earned cash.
Red Eclipse is a fun-filled new take on the casual first person arena shooter, built as a total conversion of Cube Engine 2, which lends itself toward a balanced gameplay, with a general theme of agility in a variety of environments.
In a classic, no nonsense, multiplayer style, Red Eclipse is a polished, slick and gorgeous looking game. Its small download size of around 650 MB, belies its true potential.
The game is very easy to set up, has customisable controls, graphics and other features and you can even design your own maps.
Find a server in game or simply play offline against bots.
Have a look at the YouTube trailer for a taste:
Red Eclipse – Details
- Free and open source.
- Cross platform support-GNU/Linux, Windows, BSD and OSX.
- Download size 650 MB executable (Windows)
Red Eclipse – Links
- Download from Sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/redeclipse/files/redeclipse_1.4/
- Download from Desura: http://www.desura.com/games/red-eclipse
- Direct link to developers’ website:http://redeclipse.net/
- Red Eclipse Wiki: http://redeclipse.net/wiki/Main_Page
- Red Eclipse forum: http://redeclipse.net/forum/
Highly recommended and a lot of fun.