binaryfortress has kindly offered five (5) licenses for this giveaway contest to some lucky DCT readers– see entry details near the end of this post. We most certainly thank them for this generous offer.
My Take on Displayfusion
I have been using DisplayFusion for many years now and I can only say wonderful things about this program. Honestly, there are no 8220;cons” that come immediately to mind. It not only manages your multi-monitor setup to perfection, but gives you many features that you might not otherwise expect in this focused type of software.
Please forgive my forthcoming exuberance… there is no possibility of objectivity in this short review.
Installation is straight forward with no tricks or gimmicks. There is nothing much to be said about the installation process other than it goes as planned. In the current scheme of things, this is a blessing.
There are so many features included in this program that I am not sure where to begin. One thing for certain is that I will not be able to begin showing you the many offerings this software provides. I will try, however, to point out a few:
- You can add buttons to your Windows Title Bars to activate a number of functions with a simple mouse click
- You can force windows to open on specific monitors of your choosing
- You can force Child windows to open where Parent windows are currently open
- You can force the mouse behavior to suit your needs
- You can choose Hotkeys for multitudes of tasks which are not limited to monitor management tasks. How about switching between sound output devices?
- You can have Task Bars displayed on single or multiple desktops
- You can have Desktop Wallpapers set up differently on each monitor
- You can spread a wallpaper across multiple monitors; dual, triple, it doesn’t matter
And I’m telling you, there are numerous possibilities across the board that I have not even mentioned. The above list is what comes immediately to mind. There is so much more. As I mentioned before, I’ve used this program for years, and I’m still learning about its flexibility. When I need something, it seems to be there. I even found a way to switch between desktop speakers and headphones with a hotkey. How about that…
A Screenshot is Worth a Thousand Words
Here is a screenshot of its settings window, shared here to blow your mind:
Every option in the left panel gives you an enormous number of choices in the right panel. It goes way beyond the scope of this article to demonstrate the full functionality of this fine utility.
Should You Buy It?
I can not truly describe how much I love DisplayFusion; it is simply the best multi-monitor management system out there, in my humble opinion. You can buy it as of today’s writing for a mere $25.00 (US). It is definitely worth the purchase price if you are an owner of a multi-monitor computer system. There is also a free version of DisplayFusion, and you can see the differences in this Comparison Chart.
How about a short video clip to better demonstrate what words cannot?
There is a chance, however, that you can win a free license for this great utility, the Pro Standard Version, by entering our contest. Here’s how…
How to Enter the Contest!
We’d appreciate it if you’d take a moment and submit a comment telling us why you’d like to win DisplayFusion. However, submitting a comment is not required to enter this contest and will have no bearing on your chances.
For your chance to win, simply enter your name and valid eMail address in the spaces provided below, then click Enter Contest. After your entry is accepted you will be presented with options to share the contest on Twitter and/or Facebook. For each person that enters the contest as a result of your share you will earn two (2) extra entries!
Sharing the contest on social media is completely voluntary, but encouraged.
- To enter, simply submit your name and a Valid eMail address. Your address will not be shared outside this site
- You must submit a VALID eMail address. We need to contact the Winner, so disposable eMail addresses will not be eligible
- Additional entries may be earned by voluntarily sharing on Facebook and/or on Twitter
- Shortly after the contest ends, the winner(s) will be chosen at random
- Winner(s) names will be posted on this giveaway page. Please check back here to see the winner(s) name announcement!
- The winner(s) will be notified by eMail at the eMail address used to enter the contest – be sure to use a valid eMail address that you check regularly
- Winner(s) must claim their license within 5 days. After the five (5) day period, unclaimed prizes will be distributed at DCT’s sole discretion
- Entrants agree to allow DCT to communicate with them via eMail using the address provided by the entrant when entering the contest