ASCOMP has kindly given DCT five licenses for their Text-R Pro software. These licenses are currently valued at $29.90 (US). There is also a free 14-day trial period available so you can try it before you buy it. You could also enter this giveaway contest for a chance to win a free copy of the Pro Edition.
“The problem: PDF files and images from a scanned paper document contain text that cannot be copied or edited. However, manual typing is not possible due to the size of the document and the high time involved.
The solution: Text-R! The software also recognizes text in PDF files and images that immediately convert it into an editable document for any user level. The text can be saved in a new editable PDF or RTF document (Word). Formatting stays close to the original, so in most cases no post-processing is required.” ~ ASCOMP
This contest is running now and will end on June 17. See below for entry details.
Supported Operating Systems
This newly released version 1.1 has added multi-language support.
Here’s a shot showing what to expect regarding text recognition:
How To Enter The Contest
We’d appreciate it if you’d take a moment and submit a comment telling us why you’d like to win ASCOMP Text-R Pro. However, submitting a comment is not required to enter this contest and will have no bearing on your chances.
For your chance to win, simply enter your name and a valid email address in the spaces provided below. After your entry is accepted you will be presented with options to visit/follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and/or YouTube. By doing so, you will get more entries, increasing your chances of winning this giveaway contest.
Sharing the contest on social media is completely voluntary, but is encouraged.
- To enter, simply submit your name and a Valid email address. Your address will not be shared outside of this site
- You must submit a VALID email address. We need to contact the Winner, so disposable email addresses will not be eligible
- Additional entries may be earned by voluntarily sharing on Facebook, Instagram, and/or Twitter, or by visiting our YouTube page
- Shortly after the contest ends, the winner(s) will be chosen at random
- Winner(s) names will be posted on this giveaway page. Please check back here to see the winner(s) name announcement!
- The winner(s) will be notified by email at the email address used to enter the contest – be sure to use a valid email address that you check regularly
- Winner(s) must claim their license within five (5) days. After the five (5) day period, unclaimed prizes will be distributed at DCT’s sole discretion
- Entrants agree to allow DCT to communicate with them via email using the address provided by the entrant when entering the contest
Good luck to everyone!