Sometimes you may need to see two worksheets in the same workbook side by side. I have actually had folks write to me asking how they can do this. I tell them, relax – it isn’t all that difficult.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Open the your first worksheet.
- On the View tab of your Ribbon, click New Window.
- If your workbook is in full screen mode, you might not notice that anything has happened, but if you take a peek at your title bar, you will see that your workbook title now has a :2 after it.
- On the View tab, click Arrange All and click either Vertical or Horizontal.
- In the second window, click the second worksheet tab that you would like to view. You can now see both your worksheets of the same workbook side by side.
To return to a single window, click the Close window icon, which is the white X int he top right corner of your Excel screen.