I get a lot of mail from folks complaining that they cannot line up their text in Word tables. This is actually very easy to accomplish in Word. Word is very helpful in this situation and it allows you to change your text in nine different ways:
- Top left, which is the default alignment
- Top center
- Top right
- Center left
- Center right
- Bottom left
- Bottom right
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Place your cursor in one or as many cells in which you would like to align your text.
- On your Ribbon, in the Table Tools group, select Layout.
- In the Alignment group on your Ribbon, select the alignment of your choosing.
- Word will then align your text for you.
Now, when you add new cells, your text entered into them will be aligned automatically with your choice.