Microsoft has announced a limited time offer to double its free OneDrive (formerly SkyDrive) storage, from 15GB to 30GB. The offer is available to anyone with an iPhone, Android Phone, or Windows Phone from now until the end of September.
For New OneDrive Users
- Install the OneDrive application on your device – here are links to OneDrive on the respective stores: iPhone-Apple iTunes, Android-Google Play Store, Windows Phone Store
- Open the application and sign in to your OneDrive account
- Open the settings and enable Camera Backup
That’s all there is to it. The additional 15GB Camera roll bonus storage will be automatically added in to your account. NOTE: it may not take effect immediately so just keep checking back.
For Existing OneDrive Users
- If you already have the Camera Backup option enabled, you don’t have to do anything, the 15GB extra storage will just be added automatically.
- If you don’t have the Camera Backup option already enabled, do so and the 15GB bonus storage will then be added in.
- This is a limited time offer, only available until 30th September.
- According to reports from users; going back into settings and disabling the Camera Backup option after receiving the bonus storage does not affect the outcome – although I certainly take no responsibility if it turns out not to be so, caveat emptor.
- Read the Microsoft announcement in full on the OneDrive blog here: https://blog.onedrive.com/you-can-now-get-30-gb-of-free-storage-with-onedrive/