Register Lost password?
sp_topic_old
Logitech mx3200 keyboard
Shirl
Gallatin, TN 37066
50 Posts
(Offline)
September 6, 2010 - 4:39 pm

I am having problems with my wireless Logitech mx 3200 keyboard. It won't work. LOL My mouse is working fine but none of the keys on my keyboard will do anything. I have tried changing batteries and also uninstalling and installing again.Still nothing.
Troubleshooter says device is working properly. I tried Richard's Logitech mx3200 still nothing. I finally had to plug in my old keyboard. I recently had a pc restore done so maybe that has something to do with it.

Shirl

Jim Hillier
2700 Posts
(Offline)
September 6, 2010 - 5:28 pm

Hey Shirl - How lovely it is to hear from you...even if it does mean you're having problems with the computer.

[quote:2s7hn6yh]I recently had a pc restore done[/quote:2s7hn6yh]
Does that mean it was restored to factory settings? Most likely scenario here is that a driver is now missing. Do you still have the installation CD you got when you first purchased the keyboard?

Seeing you have posted this in the Windows XP section.....I am assuming you are using XP?

Please go to[b:2s7hn6yh] Start/Control Panel[/b:2s7hn6yh] and double (left) click on[b:2s7hn6yh] Administrative Tools[/b:2s7hn6yh]. Now double (left) click on [b:2s7hn6yh]Computer Management[/b:2s7hn6yh]. Now left click once on [b:2s7hn6yh]Device Manager[/b:2s7hn6yh] (in the left hand column). Look down the list of devices and see if there is anything named [b:2s7hn6yh]Keyboards[/b:2s7hn6yh].

Is there anything listed under keyboards and, if so, does it have a little yellow icon??

Please post back with that information.

Cheers Shirl........Jim

Shirl
Gallatin, TN 37066
50 Posts
(Offline)
September 7, 2010 - 2:00 pm

Hi Jim. Thanks a bunch for getting back to me so quick.
Yes I use windows xp and yes it was suppose to have been restored to factory conditions but I am not sure the guy knew what he was doing? I have had it restored before and never had any problems. But the guy that I used to go to passed away a few years ago so I didn't know anyone else and just got this guy out of the phone book. This time I still showed more used space than it should have and also when I first got it back I had trouble getting the keyboard and mouse working. Finally got them working but they still did not seem to be just right. I was having a lot of trouble highlighting anything.

I followed your instructions and underneath keyboards it shows HID Keyboard Device twice. No yellow icons.

Of course right now I am not using the Logitech mx3200 because I can't type anything with it. None of the keys works. I had to plug in my old keyboard.
I do have the receiver plugged in because I am using my wireless mouse that goes with the wireless keyboard.

Chad Johnson
867 Posts
(Offline)
September 7, 2010 - 3:48 pm

Is it plugged in?

In all seriousness though -- have you tried to re-sync the keyboard? Put in the batteries, press the sync button on the receiver, then on the keyboard (it should be labeled, but it would be an inset button that is difficult to press).

One of the reasons I quit using a wireless keyboard (Logitech no less) was all the syncing issues I had whenever the batteries died....

Shirl
Gallatin, TN 37066
50 Posts
(Offline)
September 7, 2010 - 5:02 pm

I have already changed all batteries and reset everything, keyboard, mouse and USB receiver.

Jim Hillier
2700 Posts
(Offline)
September 7, 2010 - 5:52 pm

Hey Shirl - Well, this is turning into quite the mystery.

Let's try a couple more tests; It sounds as though you and Richard have the identical wireless keyboard and mouse setup. Can you try using [i:3nth52u1]your[/i:3nth52u1] keyboard with Richard's computer? Also, can you try plugging Richard's receiver into one of the USB ports on your computer and see if the keyboard then functions OK? You may need to press the 'connect' buttons after swapping around.

You didn't say whether or not you have the original installation disc?

Let us know how you get on please.
Cheers.....Jim

Shirl
Gallatin, TN 37066
50 Posts
(Offline)
September 7, 2010 - 6:47 pm

Yes I do have the original disc and I had already tried that too. When I uninstalled and installed it again I used the disc. Also I had already tried Richard's keyboard on my computer and it wouldn't work but does work on his. I also have my USB receiver plugged in and am using my mouse with it and the mouse works fine with it. I also changed all the batteries on the keyboard and the mouse, and reset all the buttons on the keyboard, mouse and the USB receiver.

Jim Hillier
2700 Posts
(Offline)
September 7, 2010 - 7:39 pm

[quote:2kpm6vz0]Also I had already tried Richard's keyboard on my computer and it wouldn't work but does work on his[/quote:2kpm6vz0]
Yes, but have you tried [b:2kpm6vz0][u:2kpm6vz0]your[/u:2kpm6vz0][/b:2kpm6vz0] keyboard on[b:2kpm6vz0][u:2kpm6vz0] Richard's[/u:2kpm6vz0][/b:2kpm6vz0] machine??

[quote:2kpm6vz0]I also have my USB receiver plugged in and am using my mouse with it and the mouse works fine with it[/quote:2kpm6vz0]
I must admit I am not certain whether it's possible or not for a malfunction in the USB receiver to affect only the one device. It is likely that any fault would indeed be universal and render both devices non-functional. However, [i:2kpm6vz0]it is a possibility[/i:2kpm6vz0] that certain faults may affect only one of the devices, particularly if they are using different frequencies. At this stage Shirl, it seems you have eliminated all the most common causes and we are looking at other, less obvious, possibilities. Connecting Richard's USB receiver to your computer would eliminate one of those possibilites, however unlikely.

You might also try connecting your USB receiver to a different USB port on your computer. Try it in several different ports and see what happens.....you never know!!

Cheers.....Jim

David Hartsock
1117 Posts
(Offline)
September 8, 2010 - 2:18 am

[quote="ozbloke":30wa4o1v]Yes, but have you tried [b:30wa4o1v][u:30wa4o1v]your[/u:30wa4o1v][/b:30wa4o1v] keyboard on [b:30wa4o1v][u:30wa4o1v]Richard's[/u:30wa4o1v][/b:30wa4o1v] machine??[/quote:30wa4o1v]
[quote:30wa4o1v]You might also try connecting your USB receiver to a different USB port on your computer. Try it in several different ports and see what happens.....you never know!![/quote:30wa4o1v]

Jim is right on (as always!) about troubleshooting this, especially since you have another computer with the exact same keyboard/mouse setup. I've also seen instances where the USB port used does matter, though not often.

However, I took a look around and it appears there is a firmware update for your USB receiver. Here are the symptoms the update fixes...
[quote:30wa4o1v]It also solves an encryption issue observed with the keyboard where the standard keys would become unresponsive and only the hot keys would work (unencrypted)[/quote:30wa4o1v]
This sounds like it might be your problem! The update is probably a good idea anyway.
Here is the update [url=http://www.logitech.com/en-us/433/140?softwareid=5340&osid=1&section=downloads:30wa4o1v]Logitech mx3200 firmware update[/url:30wa4o1v]
Here is the latest software [url=http://www.logitech.com/en-us/433/140?softwareid=671&osid=1&section=downloads:30wa4o1v]Logitech mx3200 6.15 software[/url:30wa4o1v]

Shirl
Gallatin, TN 37066
50 Posts
(Offline)
September 8, 2010 - 1:22 pm

Yippee, hurrah, yee haw, good golly Miss Molly I got it working. I don't know how but it's a working. I went into the Logitech support site and followed same instructions as I had done before and it said to go into all programs and find Logitech keyboard and settings and Logitech was no where to be found. So then I went into control panel and same thing, it was no where to be found. Guess I may have un-installed it again when I plugged the other keyboard in. Anyway I ran the disc again and lo and behold it works.

I did this yesterday and tried to post this but when I got on this morning I realized it didn't post. Our internet went down for a few minutes yesterday so guess it must have gone down when I tried to submit this post.

Guess I must have been having what Richard calls a "Shirley moment"

It might have worked because this time I used Richard's disc instead of mine. I don't know if that would have anything to do with it or not but whatever happened, it worked. No I never tried mine on Richard's. He has Vista and I have XP. Don't know if that matters or not but I really didn't want to bother him because he sometimes gets a little irritated if I disturb him when he is deep into his music stuff he does on the computer. (Smile) Also I had already tried the update you are talking about but for some reason guess I was not doing something right. All of the things suggested I had already tried before contacting the forum. Guess at least I was on the right track, just undoubtedly not doing the things right. That is all of the things except trying it on Richard's computer. Didn't have the nerve to do that. LOL

I really do appreciate all of you being so quick to respond, all of your suggestions, scratching chin trying to figure out this mystery. Bless your hearts you were just having to deal with this little ole blond who gets confused a lot. In fact I can get so confused it confuses everyone else around.

Thanks a bunch,

Shirl

Jim Hillier
2700 Posts
(Offline)
September 8, 2010 - 4:19 pm

Hey Shirl - Excellent!!!!!! Well done you!!

Probably could have saved a bit of time if you had answered my question about the original installation disc from my very first response!!

Never mind, just so long as it is now working...that's the main thing.

Say g'day to Richard for me, make sure you let him know that his lovely wife is not just a pretty face.

Cheers now.....Jim

P.S. For future reference Shirl: Whenever you post about a problem with the computer it is best to include details of all the steps you have already taken to date. That saves us from going over the same ground again.

David Hartsock
1117 Posts
(Offline)
September 8, 2010 - 7:39 pm

[quote="Shirl":2ov1s42t]Yippee, hurrah, yee haw, good golly Miss Molly I got it working.
I really do appreciate all of you being so quick to respond, all of your suggestions, scratching chin trying to figure out this mystery[/quote:2ov1s42t]

Great news, Shirl! I love it when someone goes "out of their comfort zone" and tackles a computer problem! Good for you!

Shirl
Gallatin, TN 37066
50 Posts
(Offline)
September 8, 2010 - 8:04 pm

Jim, sorry that I had forgotten to answer your question from your first response. I had already run the original disc but it was the original one that came with my keyboard and mouse. Yesterday the one I ran was the one that came with Richards keyboard and mouse which is just like the one that came with mine. I really can't see that it made any difference since they were both suppose to be the same so I figure I didn't do something right the first time. Guess if does make a difference if I had explained that it would have helped. See how scatterbrained I am.

Jim Hillier
2700 Posts
(Offline)
September 8, 2010 - 8:16 pm

Shirl - No need to apologise at all mate!! It's just that, if I'd had that information, that's the first thing I would have suggested, i.e. running the installation CD over again....no problemo!!

You are too hard on yourself, you cannot be[i:8r5pvhmr] that[/i:8r5pvhmr] scatterbrained....after all, you did sort it out, didn't you. And pretty much off your own bat!!

Also,I must say I am impressed with the procedures you followed, you did all the right things!!

Can only re-iterate what Dave and I have already said.....good on ya mate!!!

Forum Timezone: America/Indiana/Indianapolis
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators:
Jim Hillier
Richard Pedersen
David Hartsock
Moderators:
Carol Bratt
dandl
Jason Shuffield
Jim Canfield
Terry Hollett
Stuart Berg
John Durso
Top Posters:
Chad Johnson: 867
Mindblower: 664
carbonterry2: 356
Flying Dutchman: 278
grr: 211
Newest Members:
JudeLandry
benjaminlouis680309
drogers97439
travishead60
Gohighlevelsnapshots
Forum Stats:
Groups: 8
Forums: 20
Topics: 1941

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 11
Members: 3177
Moderators: 7
Admins: 3
Most Users Ever Online: 2303
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 29
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Scroll to Top

WHY NOT SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER?

Get great content like this delivered to your inbox!

It's free, convenient, and delivered right to your inbox! We do not spam and we will not share your address. Period!