July 23, 2015
I have been unnsuccessfully trying to get my Windows 8.1 Tablet to detect / connect with a new W 8.1 Lumia 435 mobile phone, using the USB data / power cable supplied. The phone does not show up anywhere it should in the Tablet, such as Explorer, My PC, Devices.
I have installed the Windows Phone Desktop app on the Tablet but it does not find the phone, it generates the error message 'class not registered'. Searching shows there are a lot of possible causes for this error. Can anyone advise what I should do next?
July 23, 2015
Quantum View 10.1, Windows 8.1, 2in1, connected to the internet. The fundamental problem with connectivity has now been solved --- I sent for a new USB data / power cable, more in hope than expectation. It worked fine. So Microsoft / Lumia had supplied me with a dud cable. I still have to sort out the other forms of connectivity, such as WiFi and Bluetooth but it is not so pressing now.
The Windows Desktop Phone App still does not work, it still cannot find the phone and still generates the 'class not registered'. What does that mean and what can I do about it ---- searching produces a lot of different answers.
Most Users Ever Online: 2303
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 10
Administrators: Jim Hillier, Richard Pedersen, David Hartsock, Marc Thomas
Moderators: Carol Bratt, dandl, Jason Shuffield, Jim Canfield, Terry Hollett, Dick Evans, Sergey Grankin