Register Lost password?
sp_topic_old
Windows 7/ie10,11 issues.
dandl
Lexa, AR
740 Posts
(Offline)
August 23, 2015 - 7:03 pm

Download and install Firefox and quit using IE11.

pcuser
18 Posts
(Offline)
August 23, 2015 - 11:00 pm

Yeah i know i can do that, but thats cheating. I have checked the sfc/scannow and it did show some problems but was unable to fix them. i think i may need help from this point. I am running w7 32 bit.

David Hartsock
1117 Posts
(Offline)
August 26, 2015 - 1:11 am

Click the gear icon in the upper right corner and select Manage Addons. Take a screenshot of the addons and post or type them in here.

pcuser
18 Posts
(Offline)
August 27, 2015 - 6:56 am

Hi David, not sure but i might have doubled up this post. please check as my first attempt didnt work. Anyway thanks for the reply and here is some pics for you.
Capture-a-1.PNGImage Enlarger

Capture-b-1.PNGImage Enlarger
Capture-c-1.PNGImage Enlarger

pcuser
18 Posts
(Offline)
August 27, 2015 - 6:57 am

Capture-d-1.PNGImage Enlarger

David Hartsock
1117 Posts
(Offline)
August 29, 2015 - 6:52 pm

OK, I would disable the Java entries, if only for your security. If that doesn't help I would imagine that Avira's browser plugin may have something to do with it.

Startup programs look good.

pcuser
18 Posts
(Offline)
August 30, 2015 - 2:57 am

Hi David, thanks for the reply. I ahve disabled the java add ons and will see how that goes. Then i will check the avira plug in as well. Thanks.

dandl
Lexa, AR
740 Posts
(Offline)
August 30, 2015 - 7:28 pm

Hi pcuser
I know Dave has advised you on this post and I would have to agree about the Avira browser plugin. I had troubled with Avira when I was trying to run the software. If this is a W7 32bit laptop then uninstall Avira and install Microsoft Security Essentials.

pcuser
18 Posts
(Offline)
August 31, 2015 - 12:06 am

dandl said

Hi pcuser
I know Dave has advised you on this post and I would have to agree about the Avira browser plugin. I had troubled with Avira when I was trying to run the software. If this is a W7 32bit laptop then uninstall Avira and install Microsoft Security Essentials.

Hi Dandl, yes my laptop is W7 32 bit. I havent had any issues generally with avira, using the reviews on this website regarding free security software. I will bear this in mind, but did you mean the whole software or the avira plug in section only? Also is this microsoft security essentials free and how good is it?

dandl
Lexa, AR
740 Posts
(Offline)
August 31, 2015 - 8:36 pm

Sorry about the delay but I have been unable to post on the forum for some reason. MSE is all that I have used for several years and it is free and it has served me well. It can be downloaded through the Microsoft Download Center.

Jim Hillier
2700 Posts
(Offline)
August 31, 2015 - 9:41 pm

I would advise against uninstalling Avira in favor of MSE - Avira provides much better protection than MSE.

The Avira browser plug-in is a separate component and very easy to disable - just go to Manage Add-ons>Toolbars and Extensions and disable it.

dandl
Lexa, AR
740 Posts
(Offline)
August 31, 2015 - 10:19 pm

Hooray!! I finally got a post to go through.

pcuser
18 Posts
(Offline)
September 1, 2015 - 4:00 am

Jim Hillier said

I would advise against uninstalling Avira in favor of MSE - Avira provides much better protection than MSE.

The Avira browser plug-in is a separate component and very easy to disable - just go to Manage Add-ons>Toolbars and Extensions and disable it.

Hi Jim, thanks for the reply. I dont mind avira but i have recently loaded win patrol free to check any alerts. I have now just recently getting alerts about avira.systraystarttrigger program change. Do you know what this is and do you think i should disable to browser safety programs? There is 2 but i dont know what each does.

David Hartsock
1117 Posts
(Offline)
September 1, 2015 - 4:55 am

I'm sure the start trigger warning is a changed file during an Avira update and nothing to worry about.

I suspect the Avira browser plugins are your original issues. The simplest solution is to disable the BHOs as discussed above.

Jim Hillier
2700 Posts
(Offline)
September 1, 2015 - 7:39 am

As Dave said, the WinPatrol notification will almost certainly be related to Avira updates - quite normal and nothing to worry about.

Yes, there are two Avira browser safety entries, disable both of them.

Forum Timezone: America/Indiana/Indianapolis
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators:
Jim Hillier
Richard Pedersen
David Hartsock
Moderators:
Carol Bratt
dandl
Jason Shuffield
Jim Canfield
Terry Hollett
Stuart Berg
John Durso
Top Posters:
Chad Johnson: 867
Mindblower: 666
carbonterry2: 356
Flying Dutchman: 278
grr: 211
Newest Members:
blutsband
cyberguy
JudeLandry
benjaminlouis680309
drogers97439
Forum Stats:
Groups: 8
Forums: 20
Topics: 1942

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 11
Members: 3179
Moderators: 7
Admins: 3
Most Users Ever Online: 2303
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 26
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Scroll to Top

WHY NOT SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER?

Get great content like this delivered to your inbox!

It's free, convenient, and delivered right to your inbox! We do not spam and we will not share your address. Period!