[url=http://multicommander.com/:1n024jwc]Multi Commander[/url:1n024jwc] is a file manager which is far more advanced than the native Windows Explorer. Multi Commander has previously always been payware but the developer has recently decided to make this software available to everyone for free (and it is the latest release, not an older version).
[url=http://multicommander.com/:1n024jwc]Multi Commander[/url:1n024jwc] has all the standard features such as; copy, move, rename, view. But also includes many advanced features such as; Tabbed view, Auto-unpacking , Auto-sorting , Browse inside archives, Workspace support, Scripting, Searching and much more:
* Tabs allowing you to have multiple folders open.
* Caching that enable fast file browsing.
* Background work for all tasks that takes time to finish, allowing you to continue working without interruptions.
* Customize the layout and colors to fit your styling needs.
* Extensions and plugins that will increase the functionality of Multi Commander.
* FTP, Registry , Zip, 7-Zip, Rar , Tar , GZ , Bz2 , Jar Support
* View and Change file permissions, Take ownership of files.
* Picture tools like Convert / Rotate Pictures, View/Remove EXIF tags, Adjust EXIF Date of pictures.
* Show Movie information from IMDB/Rotten tomato as extra columns on you movie files.
* Audio tools like View Audio file properties, View/Edit MP3 Tags.
* Open API for developers to create extensions and plugins.
* Remember selections when you get back from another location when browsing the filesystem.
* Use mouse and drag and drop or use quick keyboard command for all the task.
* FileOperations plugins that can automatically sort / unpack files when they are moved or copied.
* File viewer that lets you view files of any size, as ASCII/Unicode/UTF8/Binary and Hex.
* Both 32bit and 64bit versions available.
* Handle folders with many thousands of files with easy, And use power full filters to limit what you want to view.
* Compare folders and select the files and folders that are different, that are the same and many other options.
* Power full script engine allowing you to create script that automate tasks.
* Portable. Can be installed and run from portable (USB) device. Will not write any settings/session info on host computer.
* And a lot more....
* Full support for Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 2008 and can be installed without any Administrator rights.
September 2, 2010
September 2, 2010
[quote:2x3tyxd9]Perhaps you could enlighten us on this one, after you have tried it out?[/quote:2x3tyxd9]
Well, I could tell you if it worked for me or not (which will probably be far from proper testing it).
I must admit, the list of features is impressive and I agree, portable always makes S/W more appealing, if not inviting.
I am human
August 12, 2010
I have the portable of it and found it does some strange things - like not saving settings...just a few things...and just annoying enough that I want to find a contact and ask about them...but haven't gotten a 'round tuit' yet !!!
Otherwise I like it alot and will hopefully use it alot once I get the queries about it answered, if possible.
Most Users Ever Online: 271
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 10
Administrators: Jim Hillier, Richard Pedersen, David Hartsock, Marc Thomas
Moderators: Carol Bratt, dandl, Jason Shuffield, Jim Canfield, Terry Hollett, Dick Evans, Sergey Grankin