Over the years we’ve gone through four major “rip out the carpet and walls” renovations, and I believe each has been a major improvement over the previous iteration though I may be looking at the situation through rose colored glasses. When we moved to the current design in 2014 I was looking for a major change. You know how it goes; “move this picture!”, “move the couch over here!”, and “Hey, lets paint over these blue walls with orange!” OK, I may have not had that much inspiration, but I did want to see how the site looked and felt without blue.
Here we are almost two years later and – well how can I break this to you – we’re blue again. It feels like that well worn pair of jeans you always find yourself wearing. Comfortable. I don’t want to think we took this major life altering decision lightly. We researched the interwebs for weeks, weeks I tell you! OK, days. Well, it was actually a few minutes, and we found this wonderful description of the color blue from Color Wheel Pro:
Blue is the color of the sky and sea. It is often associated with depth and stability. It symbolizes trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, intelligence, faith, truth, and heaven. Blue is considered beneficial to the mind and body. It slows human metabolism and produces a calming effect.
Boom! I could not believe how well that described DCT, our readers, and our mission.
- Stability – we’ve been here for almost 10 years, and that’s twice as long as my first marriage!
- Trust – we hope you trust us.
- Loyalty – we’re loyal like a puppy.
- Intelligent – well this may be open to interpretation and we’ll leave it at that.
- Truth – we tell it like it is and don’t sugar coat it.
- Calming – we’ve all been moments away from smacking a computer with a sledge hammer so this can’t hurt.
So now that you’ve been bamboozled by my witty banter here’s a look at the past. Oh yeah, sign up for our newsletter and help me put the couch back where it belongs.