Actually, this list is more what I would like to see happen in 2022 but probably won’t. Alternative title… We Live In Hope
- Microsoft to release a cumulative Windows Update that isn’t buggy and doesn’t break anyone’s operating system — we live in hope
- People stop watching reality TV and the studios are forced to cease producing this rubbish — we live in hope
- Google places as much importance on users’ privacy as it does on policing them — we live in hope
- Facebook places as much importance on users’ privacy as it does on policing them — we live in hope
- I’ll tune in to the 6 o’clock news and the first 20 minutes or so won’t be all about COVID — we live in hope
- Windows 11’s take-up will be so dismal that Microsoft will be forced to ease its ridiculous requirements and everyone with a PC capable of running Windows 11 will be able to upgrade — we live in hope
- Linux desktop market share to finally crack the 3 percent barrier — Linux users live in hope
- China to give up on its surreptitious takeover in the Central Indo-Pacific region because of Australia’s awesome military power — Haha!
- A new player emerges in the PC parts manufacturing industry freeing up supply and forcing price drops — we live in hope
- Political correctness and cancel culture take a back seat as the silent majority prevails — we live in hope
Okay, your turn. What would you like to see happen in 2022 that probably won’t?