This is what’s known as a lazy writer’s article. No, not really. I was thinking about all the articles I’ve written about freeware over the years, particularly the reviews, and what a shame it is that they are now buried in the DCT archives. So, I decided to resurrect them… or at least links to them. By the way, there are literally thousands of articles in the DCT archive covering a multitude of topics. Some have now been made redundant by the advances in technology and changes in software interfaces/settings, of course, but many remain relevant and are as useful today as they were when published.
Have you tried our site’s Search function? It’s very easy, accurate, and might lead you to some interesting results. The Search feature is right there in the top menu between “About us” and “Daves Computer Tips”. Just click the magnifying glass icon, input a search term relevant to what you are looking for, and you’ll see all articles we’ve published on that particular topic.
Now, back to the freeware reviews. Some of these are getting a bit long in the tooth but, because of the stagnant freeware situation, most remain totally relevant today. If you know of any new freeware that trumps my recommendations then by all means let me know in the comments.
Best Freeware Picks
- 50+ Best Free Portable Applications: Lots of goodies here for fans of portable freeware
- Best Free Uninstaller: Since writing the original article I have been impressed with HiBit Uninstaller (portable) and it has become my uninstaller of choice
- Best Free PDF Reader: Since browsers have now taken over the job of opening PDFs, this might be a tad redundant. However, I still prefer to use dedicated software
- Best Free Password Manager: I’ve been using Bitwarden (free edition) for some time now and it has only served to re-enforce my opinion that Bitwarden is the best free password manager available
- Best Free Portable Screen Capture Tool: This one ended up with two recommendations – check them out
- Best Free Clipboard Managers: Also includes a guide to the native Clipboard Manager in Windows 10
- Best Free CD/DVD Burning Software: It’s been ages since I burned anything to CD/DVD but, for those who still want a good free burner, check this article out
- Best Free System Information Tools: Includes a guide on how to access system information natively in Windows 10
- Best Freeware Download Sites: Access safe downloads from these sites
- 10 Best Freeware Picks – 2022: Ten of my all-time favorites
- Exactly What Constitutes Freeware: An explanation of what constitutes true freeware and what does not
So there you have it. Lots of goodies there to ponder. If you would like a review of a particular piece of freeware let me know in the comments and I’ll do my very best to accommodate your request.