Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Select two or more adjacent cells in your worksheet that you would like to merge.
- In the Table Tools Layout conditional tab or your Ribbon, click on the Merge Cells control.
Another method of merging cells is using the Eraser tool. Follow the steps below to learn how:
- In the Design tab of your Ribbon (which you will only see if your cursor is in your table), look in the Draw Borders group and click on the Eraser tool. Your cursor will turn into and eraser.
- Click on a line between cells and the line will be deleted and your cells will be merged.
- Clicking and dragging your cursor across lines will also delete them.
- Click on your Eraser tool again or ESC to turn off your Eraser tool.
That’s all there is to it!