Again, anyone who knows me knows that I love to save time and keystrokes. In this article, you will learn to save time and keystrokes as well. Once you start using these you will find that you cannot do without them.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- CTRL A – Selects all items on the screen
- CTRL B – Formats as bold
- CTRL I – Italicizes text
- CTRL U – Underlines selected text
- CTRL P – Launches Print dialog
- CTRL C – Copies the selected text to your clipboard
- CTRL X – Cuts the selected text
- CTRL V – Pastes your clipboard content
- CTRL Z – Undoes the last action and can also be used repeatedly
- CTRL Y – Redoes your last action
- F4 – Repeats your last action, whether that be formatting or deleting text
- CTRL F1 – Hides/Shows your ribbon interface
- SHIFT F7 – Reveals the Thesaurus tab
- CTRL K – Adds a hyperlink to some text to link to another file or Web address
- CTRL S – Saves your document
- CTRL | SHIFT G – Invokes the Word counter
- F7 – Opens Spelling and Grammar
More to follow!
4 thoughts on “Little Known Microsoft Office Shortcuts”
Very interesting, Carol.
There’s always more to learn. Thanks for these ones:
F4 – Repeats your last action, whether that be formatting or deleting text
CTRL F1 – Hides/Shows your ribbon interface
SHIFT F7 – Reveals the Thesaurus tab
CTRL K – Adds a hyperlink to some text to link to another file or Web address
CTRL | SHIFT G – Invokes the Word counter
F7 – Opens Spelling and Grammar
Yes, I am still learning every single day! I am glad you found these helpful, a I do. Thank you for your input.
The SHFT F7 shortcut for the thesaurus…a real gem…saves user time by being able to stay in WORD but have access to a useful dictionary.
Super tip Carol…and very nice little website, Carol’s Corner. Will have to refer some of my old time website visitors to it as many use WORD but could really benefit from some of your tips.
Stay safe, stay healthy and wear a mask.
Thank you for your kind comments. I am glad you found this useful! It is kind of you to refer people to my site as well. Take care and be safe.
Comments are closed.