Ok, I think we left off in a previous post (Forms And More In Word 365) with Building Block controls. So now we are going to build on that and learn how to use Combo Boxes in our Controls. Using Combo Boxes allows your user to choose from a list of selections provided by you or they can simply key in their own data/information. Conversely, in a drop-down list, your user can only choose from the list of selections.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Click on Developer | Combo Box Content Control or Drop-Down List Content Control.
- Select the content control you wish and then select Properties.
- If you wish to create a list of selections, under Drop-Down List Properties, choose Add.
- In Display Name, key in a choice (i.e., yes, no, maybe).
- Continue to key in any other properties that you would like.
Also, you should know that if you choose Contents cannot be edited, your users will not be able to click a selection.
Next up, How To Use the Date Picker Control!