So after you apply your border formatting, you might decide you need a bit more room between the actual border lines and the text in your paragraph. It’s all about aesthetics and luckily you can change this very easily.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- Select the paragraphs which you would like to change. If it is just one paragraph, just make certain your cursor is within it.
- Click on the Home tab of your Ribbon.
- In the Paragraph group, click the drop-down at the right of the Borders tool to display a menu of selections, including different borders you can add.
- Select Borders and Shading to display the dialog box.
- Make certain you select the border you want to appear around your paragraph.
- Click the Options button to display the dialog box.
- Use the Top, Bottom, Left and Right controls to specify in points, the distance between the respective border and the paragraph text.
- Click OK twice.