Note: The features in this article are only available in Office 365 for business and NOT for Home or Personal subscriptions.
There are many ways in which you can personalize Office 365 and the Office 365 app launcher, to make it fit your personal style and to make it easier to use. I love easier to use!
When you look at the app launcher for the first time, you will see the core Office apps. If your favorites are not there, you can now add them. This will give you quick access to the Office apps that you use every day. I don’t know about you, but I want to open the apps I use as quickly and easily as I can when I start my workday.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- On the Office 365 navigation bar at the top of your screen, click the app launcher icon.
- Click All apps to view all of the Office 365 apps that are available to you.
- Scroll through the list and locate the app you would like to add to the app launcher.
- Hover over the app to highlight it and then hover over or right-click the ellipsis that will appear.
- Select Pin to launcher.
Want to change your Office 365 there?
Follow the steps below:
The Office 365 theme sets the color scheme and backdrop for the Office 365 Navigation bar at the top of your screen. It also changes the color of some of the tiles in the App launcher to match.
- On the Office 365 navigation bar at the top of your screen, click the Settings icon.
- Click a theme in the gallery and you will see a preview of it on your screen.
- Scroll down and click Save to set it as your theme
Want to change your notifications?
Office 365, by default, will ping you when new mail arrives and when it is time for a reminder, with a pop-up or sound. If you are not happy with this, you can change it!
- On the Office 365 navigation bar at the top of your screen, click the Settings icon (see above).
- Under Notifications, click the arrow to open the list and select or clear notifications to enable or disable them.
- Click Save.
Want to change your password or app settings?
Well, of course, you have to have permission from your organization, but you can change your Office 365 password here too:
- Simply click Change your password and follow the prompts
- You can also change the theme and notifications from the My account page, Settings tab
- Just click on your picture in the Office 365 navigation bar at the top of the screen and select My Account