I have had lots of inquiries about headers and footers in Word documents. It seems that a lot of folks want a header and footer in their document, but they only want it on the first page. What to do, what to do?? Well, it turns out this is really easy to do.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- In the Header & Footer group, click the Insert tab and select Edit Header.
- The Header & Footer Tools Design tab will appear.
- In the Options group, select Different First Page.
- Word will display a header or footer with the name First Page Header or
First Page Footer.
- Click Close Header and Footer.
Word will dim your header and footer text.
See how easy that is?
MORE WORD ARTICLES by Carol
- How To Use Your Ruler In Word
- How To Display All Digitally Signed Content In Word
- How To Set A Hanging Indent In Word
2 thoughts on “How To Create First Page Header/Footer In Word”
Quite often I’ve wanted to place a header on a first page only. Thank you for sharing this.
You are very welcome. Thank you for letting me know that it was helpful to you!