You are able to customize the tools that are available in Word. This means that you are able to add to your Quick Access Toolbar (QAT).
Your QAT is located in the area just above your Ribbon, at the top left-hand side of your screen. Your QAT, by default, includes three tools. You can, however, add many more.
Follow the steps below to learn how:
- To display the Word Options dialog box, click File | Options.
- On the left side of the dialog box that appears, click Customize Quick Access Toolbar.
- Use the Choose Commands From list to select which group of commands you would like added.
- From the list of commands at the left-hand side of the dialog box, choose the one you would like to appear on your QAT.
- Click Add. The selected command will be copied to the list on the right side of the dialog box.
- Repeat steps 3 through 5 above for any other commands you would like added to the toolbar.
- Should you want to remove any commands from your QAT, select it at the right side of the dialog box and click Remove.
- Once you are finished with the list of commands, click OK.
- Your QAT will now be customized to your satisfaction and appear at the top-left of your screen.