Min search length: 3 characters / Max search length: 84 characters
Register Lost password?
Driver for HP Photo D110 Printer
Time Traveler
12 Posts
(Offline)
December 2, 2011 - 11:33 am

HI,
We have a one year old HP Photo D110 Printer that we cannot find a driver that will work with our Windows 7 laptops. We have gone online at HP and have talked to their "Tech Support" in BFE and unless we will allow them "remote control of our computer" they will not help us. We will not let ANYONE have remote control! We are in the process of looking at some of the free software sites to try to find a driver. Does anyone have a suggestion? Right now we are ready to toss this HP and buy a new one. Not an HP ever! Help!

Jim Hillier
2700 Posts
(Offline)
December 2, 2011 - 4:34 pm

Hey TT - Looked up you model printer on the HP site, there are two listed with the same model number: [b:316fecnx]HP Photosmart e-All-in-One Printer D110a[/b:316fecnx] and [b:316fecnx]HP Photosmart e-All-in-One Printer D110b[/b:316fecnx] - which is yours?

What happened to the installation disc that came with the printer?

I looked into the section for downloading drivers but I couldn't get right to the end because I needed to input a name and email address. But, it did certainly appear as if there were Win7 (32-bit and 64-bit) drivers available for both models.

If there is not a Win7 driver available, in my experience the Vista driver will work in the vast majority of cases. I migrated from Vista to Win7 real early in the piece when there weren't too many Win7 drivers available, in each case the Vista driver worked fine for me. However, with your printer being just one year old, and from what I saw on the HP site, I'm pretty sure you can get a Win7 driver for that printer.

Go to this web page: http://www8.hp.com/au/en/suppo.....ivers.html and click on the 'Drivers & Software' button - then just follow the prompts.

Cheers...Jim

Time Traveler
12 Posts
(Offline)
December 6, 2011 - 9:11 am

Thanks Ozbloke, Been there, done that. That is how we got to talk to HP "techs". Any other suggestions, other than never purchase an HP product again. We are in a pickle as we are full time RVers and have to have a printer that is front loading for paper and small around 13 inches deep. Has to fit in an overhead compartment. You may email me at <[color=#0040BF:2tglgg5t]email address removed by moderator[/color:2tglgg5t]>
Thanks, Time Traveler

Time Traveler
12 Posts
(Offline)
December 6, 2011 - 9:35 am

HI Ozbloke,

Just a PS, We do not know which our printer is. There is no A or B after the number on out printer and we tried both on the "ever so helpful" site. I just went on to register with their forum and it registration is unavailable now. We did need this printer for business for Christmas selling, however that ship has sailed. Thanks HP for nothing!! I could not find a way to download a driver for Vista- Help. In Devices it shows that I have the printer installed, but when I try to print a doc it says it failed. Tomorrow we are unhooking to go out to look for a new printer. Thanks anyway.

Jim Hillier
2700 Posts
(Offline)
December 6, 2011 - 9:47 am

Hey TT - Sorry, but I removed you email address for your own security. There are bots which continually scour public forums and the like looking for email addresses. Those they find are then passed on to spammers...hope you understand.

Please try this before you go out and buy a new printer:

Go to this page to download the driver: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Te ... Id=4023244

Under "Select your product", click on either model - D110a or D110b, I checked and it doesn't matter - leads to the same basic driver for both. You will then be taken to a new page where you must select the appropriate operating system. Click on the operating system which matches yours and you will then be taken to the download page. The very first download, at the top of the list, is the one you are after, "HP Photosmart Basic Drivers" (57.5MB).

Cheers...Jim

Time Traveler
12 Posts
(Offline)
December 23, 2011 - 1:31 pm

Hi Ozbloke,

Solved the HP Printer problem.  Bought a Canon with duplex printing and iit works and they have tech support in US.  I have the HP printer for sale on Craigs list and other places for $35.00 OBO and it will sell.  Will also tell prospective buyers that it will no work with Windows 7.  We will check on the tech support before we buy anything.

Thanks for trying, and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

David Hartsock
1117 Posts
(Offline)
December 26, 2011 - 1:54 am

That's one way to fix the problem! BTW, Canon makes good printers!

Forum Timezone: America/Indiana/Indianapolis
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators:
Jim Hillier
Richard Pedersen
David Hartsock
Moderators:
Carol Bratt
dandl
Jason Shuffield
Jim Canfield
Terry Hollett
Stuart Berg
John Durso
Top Posters:
Chad Johnson: 867
Mindblower: 664
carbonterry2: 356
Flying Dutchman: 278
grr: 211
Newest Members:
JudeLandry
benjaminlouis680309
drogers97439
travishead60
Gohighlevelsnapshots
Forum Stats:
Groups: 8
Forums: 20
Topics: 1941

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 11
Members: 3177
Moderators: 7
Admins: 3
Most Users Ever Online: 2303
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 26
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Exit mobile version

WHY NOT SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER?

Get great content like this delivered to your inbox!

It's free, convenient, and delivered right to your inbox! We do not spam and we will not share your address. Period!