Register Lost password?
How to add animated graphics in word 2007
shobha
92 Posts
(Offline)
September 9, 2010 - 11:56 am

Hello folks.
Help needed again.
I have just changed to office 2007 ( a recycled present from a friend who has gone to 2010) .
In 2003 I could add an animation to a document and save it as a web page. Then I could view it in the Web browser. In 2007 this does not seem to work.
I have been trying from the ribbon thingy , is there any other way? Googling also did not help- it found about smart graphics, text animation, and PowerPoint but not about animated graphics in word.
There is another query too. On 2003 , word had TWO Xs for closing - one for the document and one for application. In 2007 there seems to be only one. closing a document automatically closes the application. I really find it annoying. is there a way to get around it?
Thanks in advance.
Shobha

grr
211 Posts
(Offline)
September 9, 2010 - 10:50 pm

Hi Shobha, nice present u got there..

may be i could ask u for 2003 as a present..

well I'm not using 2010, nor did got an extended chance (other than the trial period) to use 2007.

Following would help you to get back the 2003 look, instead of the ribbon look for office. this make help with the X problem.

1. UBitMenu for Office 2007 and 2010 Shortcuts [comes FREE]
http://www.ubit.ch/software/ub.....languages/
[b:8763b24g]Please be fair: buy a license if you use UBitMenu in the office.[/b:8763b24g]

2. Classic Menu for Office [paid]
http://www.addintools.com/english/menuo ... efault.htm

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Grr

grr
211 Posts
(Offline)
September 9, 2010 - 11:02 pm

On the Animation part:

You can not apply text animation effects in Microsoft Office Word 2007. However, a text animation effect in a document that was created in an earlier version of Word will behave in Office Word 2007 the same way that the effect behaved in earlier versions. In addition, you can copy text with a text animation style from an earlier version of Word, paste, and start typing to produce the same text animation effect in Office Word 2007.

Source:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 042AAicNWy

Carol Bratt
67 Posts
(Offline)
September 10, 2010 - 10:58 am

This is an issue across the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) with documents, worksheets or presentations that contain images. A loss of image quality such as a blug or loss of animation may occur.

The issue occurs because all of the above listed applications before a basic compression of images upon saving them. It is not possible to recover pictures that have already been compressed.

For future saves, compression can be disabled on a per-file basis following the steps below:

Click the [b:eup9aqij]Office Button [/b:eup9aqij]and click [b:eup9aqij]Save As[/b:eup9aqij].
Click [b:eup9aqij]Tools [/b:eup9aqij]and then [b:eup9aqij]Compress Pictures[/b:eup9aqij].
Click [b:eup9aqij]Options[/b:eup9aqij].
Click to clear the [b:eup9aqij]Automatically perform basic compression on save [/b:eup9aqij]check box.
Click [b:eup9aqij]OK[/b:eup9aqij].
In the [b:eup9aqij]Compress Pictures [/b:eup9aqij]dialog box, click [b:eup9aqij]Cancel[/b:eup9aqij].
Note that clicking [b:eup9aqij]OK [/b:eup9aqij]on this dialog will not prevent the issue from reoccuring.

You can also modify the registry to prevent basic compression from occurring by default:

I am not suggesting that you modify the registry as SERIOUS problems may occur is you modify your registry incorrectly. Should you decide to modify your registry, first make certain that you have backed it up so that you can restore it should problems occur.

Quit all applications.
Start the registry editor by clicking on [b:eup9aqij]Start, Run and typying regedit[/b:eup9aqij] in the [b:eup9aqij]Open [/b:eup9aqij]box. Click [b:eup9aqij]OK[/b:eup9aqij].
Browse to the following registry key:
[b:eup9aqij]HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftOffice12.0WordOptions[/b:eup9aqij]
Create a new [b:eup9aqij]DWORD [/b:eup9aqij]value named [b:eup9aqij]AutomaticPictureCompressionDefault[/b:eup9aqij].
Make sure the value for the registry key is set to [b:eup9aqij]0[/b:eup9aqij].
[b:eup9aqij]Close [/b:eup9aqij]the [b:eup9aqij]registry editor[/b:eup9aqij].

The above registry instructions are from the Microsoft Website and I assume no responsibility for them.

As to your second query:

Use the Shortcut keys!

[b:eup9aqij]ALT [/b:eup9aqij]with display Letters on the various option on the Ribbon.

[b:eup9aqij]C [/b:eup9aqij]will close your document.

You may or may not be prompted to save your document depending upon whether you have already done so.

I hope this has resolved your issue. If not, please post back here so we can take another crack at it. Best of luck!

shobha
92 Posts
(Offline)
September 13, 2010 - 11:38 am

Thanks Carol for such a detailed reply.
1. I am not at all comfortable messing with the registry. so wont even try that.
2. My problem is not with new saved graphics but ones i already have. I used to make birthday or other greeting cards in 2003 with animated graphics in word ( I already have the graphics in my hard drive) , save the document as web page and could see the animation in the browser. That is not happening in 2007.
3. Alt +c did not work for me. All the shortcut were shown but it did not close the document. But it gave me the idea and now I have added Close button on the quick access bar , so can close from there. Thanks for pointing this.

Thanks Grr too for the reply. downloaded and tried ubitmenu but it did not work for my problem so have uninstalled it too. .

shobha

Carol Bratt
67 Posts
(Offline)
September 13, 2010 - 9:28 pm

It is not Alt + C. Press Alt once and then press C. You do not press them simulataneously.

If the pictures are saved on your hard drive and you put them into a .docx they will be compressed after you save the document as I said in the earlier post.

I am sorry if this has not resolved your issue, but I have give you the best of my knowledge on this subject. I will continue to research it for you and will post back here if anything else comes to light.

shobha
92 Posts
(Offline)
September 14, 2010 - 1:09 am

Dear Carol
Thanks for your patience.
I understand now that it is the saving issue of word file. I just tried it saving it in 2003 format and then as a web page. . The word webviewer did not show it , but when I opened the file in the browser, it worked!
So now I can continue with saving in different format.
Re Alt C I tried again , but does not seem to work. In any case now i have the icon on the quick access bar, so it is ok.
Thanks once again for your well researched help. This is a great forum for quality help.
shobha

Carol Bratt
67 Posts
(Offline)
September 14, 2010 - 3:30 pm

Glad I could help you resolve your problem!

fuztree
2 Posts
(Offline)
May 24, 2011 - 9:51 pm

Will this same procedure work for Office Word 2010? I have to create a word document saved as a web page with an animated graphic. I have no idea where to start.

Thanks for the help.
Karen

Carol Bratt
67 Posts
(Offline)
May 25, 2011 - 8:40 am

Yes, this should work for you in version 2010. Just remember to save as a web page.

fuztree
2 Posts
(Offline)
May 25, 2011 - 11:23 am

Thank you! It worked!

Carol Bratt
67 Posts
(Offline)
May 25, 2011 - 2:31 pm

Glad that I could help you!

Forum Timezone: America/Indiana/Indianapolis
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators:
Jim Hillier
Richard Pedersen
David Hartsock
Moderators:
Carol Bratt
dandl
Jason Shuffield
Jim Canfield
Terry Hollett
Stuart Berg
John Durso
Top Posters:
Chad Johnson: 867
Mindblower: 666
carbonterry2: 356
Flying Dutchman: 278
grr: 211
Newest Members:
blutsband
cyberguy
JudeLandry
benjaminlouis680309
drogers97439
Forum Stats:
Groups: 8
Forums: 20
Topics: 1942

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 11
Members: 3179
Moderators: 7
Admins: 3
Most Users Ever Online: 2303
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 32
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Exit mobile version

WHY NOT SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER?

Get great content like this delivered to your inbox!

It's free, convenient, and delivered right to your inbox! We do not spam and we will not share your address. Period!