This forum requires Javascript to be enabled for posting content
Please consider registering
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Min search length: 3 characters / Max search length: 84 characters
Register Lost password?
Brand new laptop for under $200.00 (U.S. only)
Jim Hillier
2700 Posts
(Offline)
November 18, 2010 - 4:09 pm

Walmart plans to sell a fully equipped laptop with a 15.6-inch screen for US$198 on Black Friday as part of a promotional offering, one of the few times the $200 price barrier has been cracked.

The laptop will be on sale for a few hours in the retailer's stores on November 26th, which is one of the most active shopping days in the U.S.

Made by eMachines, the laptop is obviously quite basic but includes features that would make it suitable for basic computing and day-to-day activities such as Web surfing or word processing. It will come equipped with an Intel Celeron processor running at 2.2GHz, a 250GB hard drive and 2GB of memory.

[url=http://walmart.richfx.com.edgesuite.net/presentation/media/LA_Nov15AE2010/?povid=cat1076614-env307769-module393122-lLink1&rfx_versioningid=4:143sqlda][b:143sqlda]Walmart Local Ad.[/b:143sqlda][/url:143sqlda]

grr
211 Posts
(Offline)
November 20, 2010 - 2:34 am

nice offer but i'm not sure abt emachines

twospirit
16 Posts
(Offline)
November 25, 2010 - 8:23 pm

We have two T3504 Emachines PC's which were refurbished before purchase. While they are long in the tooth, we have had very few problems. They are 32bit, which is a bit of a downer. However, Except for the Motherboards, each machine has bee upgraded with new hardware as time has gone on. Shoot, this old machine even has four SATA Plug-In-Slots on the Motherbaord and we have loaded our PCIe Slots
If it weren't for the crowds I would be interested in purchasing the Emachines Laptop.

grr
211 Posts
(Offline)
November 26, 2010 - 7:19 pm

[quote="twospirit":23h36yh6]We have two T3504 Emachines PC's which were refurbished before purchase. While they are long in the tooth, we have had very few problems. They are 32bit, which is a bit of a downer. However, Except for the Motherboards, each machine has bee upgraded with new hardware as time has gone on. Shoot, this old machine even has four SATA Plug-In-Slots on the Motherbaord and we have loaded our PCIe Slots
If it weren't for the crowds I would be interested in purchasing the Emachines Laptop.[/quote:23h36yh6]

Thanks twospirit for sharing ur experience with Emachines.

mattphelps
2 Posts
(Offline)
January 2, 2011 - 8:08 am

For a 15 inch laptop the price is so good. I won't mind the Celeron since I got a laptop that runs on a celeron and it has no problems though it really is for simple computing needs.

Forum Timezone: America/Indiana/Indianapolis
All RSSShow Stats
Administrators:
Jim Hillier
Richard Pedersen
David Hartsock
Moderators:
Carol Bratt
dandl
Jason Shuffield
Jim Canfield
Terry Hollett
Stuart Berg
John Durso
Top Posters:
Chad Johnson: 867
Mindblower: 666
carbonterry2: 356
Flying Dutchman: 278
grr: 211
Newest Members:
blutsband
cyberguy
JudeLandry
benjaminlouis680309
drogers97439
Forum Stats:
Groups: 8
Forums: 20
Topics: 1942

Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 11
Members: 3179
Moderators: 7
Admins: 3
Most Users Ever Online: 2303
Currently Online: jacksalvator
Guest(s) 43
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Exit mobile version

WHY NOT SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER?

Get great content like this delivered to your inbox!

It's free, convenient, and delivered right to your inbox! We do not spam and we will not share your address. Period!