As promised, below are more lovely shortcuts!
Windows + E – Opens File Explorer
- CTRL + F or CTRL + E or CTRL + F3 – Will place your pointer in your search bar
- CTRL + L or Alt + D – Places your pointer in your address bar
- Up Arrow – Selects result above
- Down Arrow – Selects result below
- Left Arrow – Selects result to the right
- Left Arrow – Selects result to the left
- Enter – Opens selected file
- Backspace or Alt + Left Arrow – Returns to previous page
- Alt + Right Arrow – Goes to next page
- Alt + Up Arrow – Returns to the folder where your current file or folder resides
- Esc – Clears your search or address bar
3 thoughts on “Basic File Explorer Search Shortcuts In Windows 10”
I use a VPN for legitimate reasons which I am not willing to share.
Nevertheless, even my bank, though it knows I use a VPN, does not block my getting to their Online Banking site.
Why do you prevent access to your site to VPN users? Just to be nasty?
I get your emails to another email address. which is why I know that you had something interesting on your site that you offer to the public.
Please don’t send anything to the address I gave you and clutter-up my inbox there.
We don’t prevent access to our site to VPN users. We have filters in place to block spam and scammers, same as every other website. Sometimes these can block traffic through a VPN because they detect suspicious behavior- this is all done automatically in the background. I use a VPN myself and often have to fill out a captcha in order to access websites.
Sorry for any inconvenience but I repeat, we do not intentionally block VPN traffic.
FYI, ESC doesn’t clear my SEARCH or @-bar in FILE EXPLORER