Ashampoo has kindly given us five licenses for their WinOptimzer 16 utility. These licenses are usually valued at $39.99 (US) but are currently being offered at a hugely discounted price of $11.00. By entering this giveaway contest you get a chance to win one for free!
“Over time, even modern systems slow down or become faulty and cluttered with junk files. Especially Windows 10 collects more data than its users would like. Ashampoo® WinOptimizer 16 takes care of these issues – with unparalleled speed and efficiency. It doesn’t take any prior knowledge or lots of time and your computer will feel like new again! Let WinOptimizer help you make the most of your PC and protect, clean and optimize your machine for maximum performance and privacy every time.” ~ Ashampoo
This giveaway contest is will begin on May 6 and will end at midnight on May 16, 2019.
WinOptimizer 17 Released
When you first run WinOptimizer you will be presented with this screen:
Ashampoo has done a great job with this interface. All the various modules can be individually accessed by clicking any of the links in the left panel. You also have access to the all-important Settings menu at any time by clicking on the Gear icon in the Title Bar Menu. Click on the Analyze button to see what WinOptimizer thinks of my computer:
If you were to click the Optimize button at this point, then WinOptimizer would clean up everything it found and according to this screen, it would free up to 43MB of disk space. WinOptimzer is a powerful program and I like to have more control over these operations. You can click on any of the eight modules to get a detailed look at the specifics. Let’s see what the unnecessary files are:
Since the Log files are taking the most room, let’s take a look at them. You can do this by clicking the Magnifying Glass icon to the right of any entry in this list:
Boy! Windows sure loves its log files! On this screen, you can select which files you want WinOptimizer to remove and/or keep by checking/unchecking the boxes to the left of each entry. This gives you fine-tuned control which can sometimes be important if there are files you want to keep for some reason.
I went through each of these modules and unchecked some files that I wanted to keep. Let’s see what happens:
The two modules in yellow are ones where I deselected some entries that I wanted to keep.
There are many, many more features included in WinOptimizer and showing them all to you goes well beyond the scope of this short overview. The above few examples should, however, give you an inkling into what WinOptimizer has to offer. If you would like to learn more about this wonderful program, please refer to the links at the top of this article.
I can unreservedly give WinOptimizer 16 a big Thumbs-Up.
How To Enter The Contest
We’d appreciate it if you’d take a moment and submit a comment telling us why you’d like to win Ashampoo WinOptimizer 16. However, submitting a comment is not required to enter this contest and will have no bearing on your chances.
For your chance to win, simply enter your name and a valid email address in the spaces provided below, then click Enter Contest. After your entry is accepted you will be presented with options to share the contest on Twitter and/or Facebook. For each person who enters the contest as a result of your share, you will earn two (2) extra entries!
Sharing the contest on social media is completely voluntary, but is encouraged.
- To enter, simply submit your name and a Valid email address. Your address will not be shared outside of this site
- You must submit a VALID email address. We need to contact the Winner, so disposable email addresses will not be eligible
- Additional entries may be earned by voluntarily sharing on Facebook and/or Twitter
- Shortly after the contest ends, the winner(s) will be chosen at random
- Winner(s) names will be posted on this giveaway page. Please check back here to see the winner(s) name announcement!
- The winner(s) will be notified by email at the email address used to enter the contest – be sure to use a valid email address that you check regularly
- Winner(s) must claim their license within five (5) days. After the five (5) day period, unclaimed prizes will be distributed at DCT’s sole discretion
- Entrants agree to allow DCT to communicate with them via email using the address provided by the entrant when entering the contest
Good luck to everyone!!